free assessment
Canadian Fedreal Skilled Points Calculator Canadian CRS Calculator for Skilled Immigration Australia PR Points Calculator for Skilled Migration Visa
Callback Request
Quick Inquiry

Fill in the form below to receive a call back from the expert

Please enter Name
Please enter Email
Please select Country
Please select Country
ISD Code
Please enter Mobile No.

Fill in the below form to share your feedback or query

Please enter Name
Please enter Email
Please enter Mobile No.
Please type Message

USA Temporary Working Visa Category

Disclaimer – Visas Avenue does not provide any guidance or assistance on USA employment/work visa. This page is only for information purpose. Visa Avenue provide documentation assistance related to the different government program

Foreign nationals who want to enter United States of America must obtain either an immigrant or non-immigrant visa. Temporary work visa is for the foreign nationals who want to work and stay in USA for a fixed period of time and are not considered as permanent residents. For all temporary worker visa the employer needs to file and get the petition approved from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Following are the temporary working visa categories:-

1)      H-1B: Person in Specialty Occupation-It Requires a higher education degree or its equivalent. Includes fashion models of distinguished merit and ability and government-to-government research and development, or co-production projects administered by the Department of Defence.

2)      H-2A: Temporary Agricultural Worker-It is limited to nationals of particular states with which US has agreements with for temporary or seasonal agricultural work.

3)      H-2B: Temporary Non-agricultural Worker- It is limited to nationals of particular states with which US has agreements with for temporary or seasonal non-agricultural work.

4)      H-3: Trainee or Special Education visitor-It is to receive training other than graduate medical or academic training which is not available in the applicant’s home country or practical training programs in the education of children with mental, physical, or emotional disabilities.

5)      L: Intra company Transferee-Employers can send their employees working at managerial level or in a field of specialized knowledge to work  Individual who have been working at a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the current employer if the employee has been working abroad continuously for 1 year within the three preceding years.

6)      O: Individual with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement-It is for the persons with extraordinary ability or extraordinary recognized achievements in the motion picture, television fields, sciences, arts, education, business and athletics demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim, to work in their field of expertise.

7)      P-1: Individual or Team Athlete, or Member of an Entertainment Group-It is for the internationally recognized athlete, member of entertainment group or any such person who supports the essential services of the above individual.

8)      P-2: Artist or Entertainer (Individual or Group)-It is for the performance under a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country.

9)      P-3: Artist or Entertainer (Individual or Group)-It is to perform, teach or coach under a program that is culturally unique or a traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation.

10)  Q-1: Participant in an International Cultural Exchange Program-It is for practical training and employment and for sharing of the history, culture, and traditions of your home country through participation in an international cultural exchange program.

Few jobs mentioned above require prospective employer to obtain a labour certification or other approval from the Department on your behalf before filing the Petition for a Non-immigrant Worker, Form I-129, with USCIS.

Family and Spouse

Except Cultural Exchange Visitor Q-1 visa applicants, your spouse and unmarried, minor children may also apply for the same visa category as you to accompany or join you


Visa Application Fee- $190.00

Other Fees

  • L visa fraud prevention and detection fee - for visa applicant included in L blanket petition  (principal applicant only): $500.00
  • Border Security Act fee – for visa applicant included in L blanket petition, where petition indicates subject to fee  (principal applicant only): $2,250.00

What Our
Customers Say?

Visas Avenue is one of the rare business organizations, which rely heavily on word-of-mouth publicity from clients. Our clients are our primary advertisers. It is also evident from a significant number of positive client reviews and feedback we receive every day

Get in Touch

Just Drop us a line. We will be glad to answer your enquiries

Please enter Name
Please enter Name
Please enter Email
Please Select Country
Please Select Country
ISD Code
Please enter Contact No.

Our Media Mentors