Free Assesment Form

Partner Visa(Subclass 309/100)

Australia is a beautiful country with a stable economy and developed infrastructure. It is among those nations that offer multiple job opportunities to skilled and talented immigrant workers overseas and provide perfect settings to integrate and settle.

The Partner Visa or Spouse category visa of Australia is one of Australia’s critical aspects that raise applicants’ interest to explore the scope and opportunities of a career in Australia. Through partner visa, the Australian permanent residents and citizens’ spouses or partners can live with their partners in Australia.

How can you apply for Spouse or Partner Visa in Australia?

The Partner Visas, i.e. Subclass 309 and 100 Visa, allows the spouses or partners of Australian Permanent Residents and Citizens to immigrate to and live with their partners in Australia. The partners or spouses of eligible New Zealand Citizens are also eligible to apply for Australian Partner Visa.

Difference between Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100)

The Partner Visa Subclass 309 is a temporary visa (allocated first) that allows you to stay in Australia until the Permanent Visa, i.e. Subclass 100 Visa, is processed.

Eligibility Requirement to apply for Subclass 309 Visa

To apply for a Partner visa, you must be either married or in a de facto relationship with any of the following:

  • A citizen of Australia
  • A permanent resident of Australia
  • An eligible New Zealand citizen.

Click Here for Eligibility Enquiry



Other Key requisites to apply for the visa

As an applicant, you need to be,

  • Outside Australia.
  • Partner of an Australian citizen, Permanent resident or eligible New Zealand.
  • Married and your:-
  • The relationship breaks down, but there is a child of the relationship.
  • Partner passes away, and you can demonstrate that your relationship would have continued if your partner had lived and you have a close business, cultural or personal ties in Australia.
  • The relationship breaks down, and you or members of your family have suffered family violence.

The marriage needs to be legitimate as per the Australian law. If you apply for a partner visa as a de facto partner, you must have been in a de facto relationship for at least 12 months.

An applicant can obtain this visa if he/she is in a de-facto relationship for less than 12 months, moreover, you/your

  • Can show gripping and compassionate situation, i.e. having dependent children.
  • Partner has a permanent humanitarian visa, your de facto relationship happened before that, and you confirmed authorities about the relationship before the visa allocated.
  • De facto relationship recorded in Australia (Not in all Aussie states/territories).
  • Have good moral and health behaviour.
  • Do not have any outstanding debts to the government of Australia or have preparations to pay if any.

How you can proceed to apply                                  

Applying for the Australian Partner visa is a two-stage process. Firstly, if you are married or in a de facto relationship (for at least 12 months), you can apply for the Subclass 309 visa in Australia. You need to submit the application together for both subclass 309 visa and Subclass 100 visa (permanent) while you only pay for one visa. If your application for Subclass 309 Partner visa (temporary) is successful, you become eligible for the assessment for the Permanent visa, i.e. Subclass 100 Visa.

The subclass 309 visa is a temporary visa, and based on the same; you can temporarily live in Australia until your permanent visa allocated. After two years of being on subclass 309 visa in Australia, you can supply additional documents to apply for the Subclass 309 visa. The immigration authorities will check your documents, and if everything is correct, you will get Permanent visa, i.e. Subclass 100 Permanent Partner visa.

Start Your Visa Process



Benefits of Subclass 309 Visa

  • Live in Australia until the time decision authorities decide on your permanent partner visa.
  • Study in Australia, but without government aid
  • Get enrolled for Medicare- Australia‚Äôs health coverage scheme
  • You will be considered for a Subclass 100 permanent visa, about two years after you submitted your application for this visa

Partner visa (subclass 100)

As already mentioned, the Subclass 100 visa is a permanent visa and second stage of Partner visa application, when provisional visa (i.e. Subclass 309) already granted to the applicant. Authorities can assess you for Subclass 100 visa after two years of lodging the application for Subclass 309 visa.

You can obtain the Permanent Visa before the specified period provided you fulfil following parameters:

  • If you are in a relationship for three years with your spouse/partner at the time of applying or not less than two years if there is a dependent child of your relationship.
  • Your sponsor or de facto partner expires, the relationship would have continued if they had not decreased, and you have established close business, cultural or personal ties in Australia
  • The relationship breaks down, and there is a child of the relationship
  • The relationship breaks down because of family violence.

Free Visa Assessment Form


Benefits of Subclass 100 Visa

Find below the key benefits of Subclass 100 Visa:

  • Live and work in Australia permanently
  • Get enrolled for Medicare, health scheme.
  • Apply for citizenship after meeting criteria.
  • Move in and out of Australia for five years starting when visa granted.
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for Australia PR.

Fees for Partner Visa Subclass 309/100

Find below the visa fees for Subclass 309/100 Visa:

Visa subclass Visa fees
Partner (Provisional and Migrant) visa (subclass 309 100) AUD7,715

Note: The visa fees given above is subject to change and revision periodically. Hence, you may contact Visas Avenue, immigration expert, for any clarification or confirmation of the latest visa fees.

Additional charges applicable

  • Medical Certificate charges
  • Police Clearance Certificate charges
  • Charges for Certification/Translation of Docs

If you wish to apply for Australia PR Visa, skilled visa, study visa, visit visa, family-sponsored visa, etc. in Australia this year; you may contact Visas Avenue on Toll-Free Number- 78-18-000-777 for complete support and assistance. Alternatively, fill a free assessment form to get a call back.

Get an Immigration Expert Help


Free Assessment Visa Assessment Form

    Please fill in the fields below .

  • SEND