free assessment
Canadian Fedreal Skilled Points Calculator Canadian CRS Calculator for Skilled Immigration Australia PR Points Calculator for Skilled Migration Visa
Callback Request
Quick Inquiry

Fill in the form below to receive a call back from the expert

Please enter Name
Please enter Email
Please select Country
Please select Country
ISD Code
Please enter Mobile No.

Fill in the below form to share your feedback or query

Please enter Name
Please enter Email
Please enter Mobile No.
Please type Message

Canada Student Visa

Disclaimer – Visas Avenue does not provide any guidance or assistance on Student employment/work visa. This page is only for information purpose. Visa Avenue provide documentation assistance related to the different government program.

Canada has many working programs for students and for their partners staying with them in the country. Working while studying helps, you meet day-to-day expenses or pay your tuition fee but allows you to gain valuable international experience.

The different programs under a student work visa are:-


As an international student, you can work at Campus if you are registered as-

  • a full-time student in a public post-secondary institution, such as a college or university, or a CEGEP in Quebec
  • a full-time student in any Canadian private institution runs under the same rules and regulations and receives 50 % of finances from government authorities or their operations.
  • As a full-time student in a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.
  • You must have a valid work visa.


As an international student, you can work outside the Campus if:-

  • You have a valid student visa.
  • You study at participating institutions as not all institutions allow you to work off Campus.
  • You have acquired a satisfactory grade in the current study program.
  • Sign a form authorizing the institution, the province, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to share your personal information
  • You have studied full time for six months in the last 12 months preceding the work permit application
  • You are a full-time student in participating in a publicly funded post-secondary educational institution or an approved program at an eligible privately funded institution.
  • You must have applied and received a student work permit
  • You work not more than 20 hours per week during the academic session and full time in breaks.

Co-op student or intern:-

In some Academic programs work, the experience is a part of the curriculum. To participate in such programs, you should meet the following conditions:-

  • Have a valid study permit. The intended employment must be an essential part of your study program in Canada.
  • Your job must be part of your academic program, certified by a letter from a responsible academic official of the institution.
  • Your co-op or internship employment cannot form more than 50% of the total program of study.

Work in Canada after Graduation:-

There are many options to stay and gain valuable Canadian experience after completing your course, and later you can even apply for Permanent Residency if you fulfil the criteria.

If you have graduated from-

  • A public post-secondary institution, such as a college, trade/technical school, university or CEGEP (in Quebec), or
  • A private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions, or
  • A private secondary or post-secondary institution (in Quebec) offering qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer leading to a diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP) or an attestation de spécialisation professionnelle (ASP), or
  • A Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees but only if you are studying in one of the study programs leading to a degree as approved by the province and not in all study programs offered by the private institution.


Why Study in Canada? also know the eligibility criteria and cost to apply for visa. Click here

You can apply for post-study work visa within 90 days of getting your transcript of passing the course and received notification from the institute that after meeting all the requirements you are now eligible to get the Degree/Diploma/Certificate.

To confirm your eligibility and apply for study visa in Canada, you may contact Visas Avenue Canada immigration expert on Toll-Free No. 78-18-000-777 or you can drop us an e-mail at

What Our
Customers Say?

Visas Avenue is one of the rare business organizations, which rely heavily on word-of-mouth publicity from clients. Our clients are our primary advertisers. It is also evident from a significant number of positive client reviews and feedback we receive every day

Get in Touch

Just Drop us a line. We will be glad to answer your enquiries

Please enter Name
Please enter Name
Please enter Email
Please Select Country
Please Select Country
ISD Code
Please enter Contact No.

Our Media Mentors