free assessment
Canadian Fedreal Skilled Points Calculator Canadian CRS Calculator for Skilled Immigration Australia PR Points Calculator for Skilled Migration Visa
Callback Request
Recently Viewed
Quick Inquiry

Fill in the form below to receive a call back from the expert

Please enter Name
Please enter Email
Please enter Mobile No.
Please select Country
Please select Country

Fill in the below form to share your feedback or query

Please enter Name
Please enter Email
Please enter Mobile No.
Please type Message

Canada Live-in Caregiver Visa

Disclaimer-This page is only for information purpose. Visas Avenue provides documentation assistance only for the essential Canada immigration programs, i.e. Express Entry System, PNP, etc.

Live-in Caregiver Visa is for the individuals who take care of the children, older people, physically or mentally challenged people in a private home without any supervision in Canada.

Live-in Caregiver Program

The Canadian government has closed the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) to new applicants. You can only apply for Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) through the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) if you have a minimum of two years of work experience in the program and:

  • you are already working in Canada with an LCP work permit, or
  • you were approved for your first LCP work permit based on LMIA submitted to ESDC on or before November 30, 2014

If you work in Canada as a caregiver; however, do not qualify for either of the conditions above, you may be eligible to immigrate to Canada through a different program. Most of the time, you can apply for a work permit to work temporarily in Canada, as a caregiver through the TFWP provided:

  • you are in Canada and eligible to apply for a work permit from inside Canada
  • you are outside Canada, and your employer applied for an LMIA before June 18, 2019, or
  • you’ll be working in Quebec

Your employer requires providing a positive LMIA first. Express Entry system and Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are the two most popular immigration programs of Canada, which don’t require any job offer.

If you seek documentation assistance to apply for Canada PR visa, through Express Entry or PNP, etc. programs, you may contact Visas Avenue immigration expert on Toll-Free Number- 78-18-000-777. Alternatively, e-mail your queries to

What Our
Customers Say?

Visas Avenue is one of the rare business organizations, which rely heavily on word-of-mouth publicity from clients. Our clients are our primary advertisers. It is also evident from a significant number of positive client reviews and feedback we receive every day

Get in Touch

Just Drop us a line. We will be glad to answer your enquiries

Please enter Name
Please enter Email
Please enter Contact No.
Please Select Country
Please Select Country

Our Media Mentors