Free Assesment Form

Australia Woman at Risk visa (subclass 204)

How to Apply for Australia Woman at Risk visa Subclass 204

This Visa allows the woman living outside their home country and do not have the protection of a male relative and are in danger of victimization, harassment or severe abuse because of their gender. However, you need to be referred by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to the Australian government.

It is one of the Refugee category visas, i.e. Subclass 200, 201, 203 and 204

With these visa categories, you can move to Australia in case you are subject to harassment or persecution in your home country. These visas allow you and your family to live, work and study in Australia indefinitely.

Requisites of the Visa:-

  • You are living outside Australia and not in the home country.
  • You do not have the protection of a male relative.
  • You are in danger of victimization, harassment, or severe abuse because of your gender.
  • Have good moral and health conduct.
  • You do not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government or have arranged to pay the same, if any.

Privileges of the Visa:-

  • Provides you with the right to live in Australia indefinitely.
  • The applicant can work in Australia during your stay.
  • The applicant can enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
  • Allows you to apply for citizenship if you meet specific requirements.
  • Allows you to move to and fro for five years starting from the day visa is granted.
  • You can sponsor your relatives for permanent residency.
  • Can get enrolment in English classes.

 How much the visa costs:-

  • The woman at risk visa (subclass 204)– Nil (Base Application Charge)
  • Additional Applicant Charge 18 and over-Nil
  • Additional Applicant Charge 18 and under-Nil
  • Additional charges:-
  • Visa Avenue charges
  • Medical Examination:-To be paid directly to the doctor conducting a medical examination
  • Police check:-To the corresponding authorities in the respective countries where you have lived for more than 6/12 months, depending on the visa subclass
  • Certification/Translation of Docs-Depending on the certifying person and number of copies to be certified.

If you seek documentation assistance for or Australia PR Visa, you may contact Visas Avenue immigration expert on Toll-Free Number- 78-18-000-777. Alternatively, e-mail your queries to

Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal with any job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not a job recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.

Free Visa Assessment Form


Free Assessment Visa Assessment Form

    Please fill in the fields below .

  • SEND