Registered Member of

Registration No: R505662

free assessment
Canadian Fedreal Skilled Points Calculator Canadian CRS Calculator for Skilled Immigration Australia PR Points Calculator for Skilled Migration Visa
Callback Request
Recently Viewed
Quick Inquiry

Fill in the form below to receive a call back from the expert

Please enter Name
Please enter Email
Please enter Mobile No.
Please select Country
Please select Country

Fill in the below form to share your feedback or query

Please enter Name
Please enter Email
Please enter Mobile No.
Please type Message

Dependent and Spousal Sponsorship Program of Canada

Canada is one of the advanced countries, which gives utmost priority to family reunification to benefit millions of immigrants living in the country. The lenient and immigrant-friendly rules and procedures of the Family sponsorship program of Canada describe the same.

The Canadian government understands that the family is always there to support when someone work or travel abroad to plan a better career and a life for the family, so there is no reason one should live far from them. The Canadian government provides you with an organized pathway and dedicated visa categories to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, dependents, or other eligible relatives to come and live with you in Canada.

To be eligible to sponsor you should-

  1. Above 18 years of age
  2. Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent resident.
  3. Be able to support the sponsored family members financially in their initial stay period.
  4. You are able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability.
  5. you can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor

Note: If you have sponsored any person in the past who has asked the government for financial support after coming to Canada, you may not be able to sponsor any other person

Eligibility of Spouse:-

  1. Should be above 18 years of age
  2. Should be legally married or in a common-law relationship.
  3. Should have a marriage certificate issued by the state, territory or provincial government if the marriage has taken place in Canada.
  4. If the marriage has taken place outside Canada, it should be valid as per the home country's law and Canadian law. However, if the marriage ceremony has taken place in the embassy or consulate, then it should be valid as per the law of the country where the ceremony has conducted rather than the country represented by Embassy or Consulate.
  5. Should not have any Criminal convictions, offences or suffer from any critical health condition. 

Eligibility of Dependent Child

  1. Should be less than 22 years of age and do not have any spouse and common-law partner.
  2. Over 22 years of Age but should satisfy either of two conditions Mention below
  1. Should be engaged full-time ongoing study
  2. Should be financially dependent on parents since before 22 yrs of age
  • If a child has a spouse or common-law partner before turning 22, then he should:-
    • . Should be engaged full-time ongoing study
  1. Should be financially dependent on parents since they become a spouse and common-law partner.
  • If the child is over 22 years of age, he should be financially dependent on parents due to physical or mental conditions.

Eligibility of other sponsored relative

You can sponsor:

  1. brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
  2. another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions (see Note below)
  3. Accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).

Note: You can sponsor one relative regardless of age or relationship, only if you do not have a living spouse or common-law partner, conjugal partner, a son or daughter, parent, grandparent, sibling, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece who could be sponsored as a member of the family class. In addition, you do not have any relative who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident or registered as an Indian under the Indian Act.

As of November 5, 2011, no new applications to sponsor parents or grandparents will be accepted for processing for up to 24 months.

Processing time of Canadian Spouse/Dependent visa

Find below the processing time for both spouse and dependent visa application:

  • The estimated processing time of the spousal visa is nearly12 months.
  • For the dependent child sponsorship application, the processing time is approximately 9 months. This processing time comprises the following:
  • the time you need to give your biometrics
  • the assessment of the sponsor: 25 days

This processing time indicates how long it took the Canadian immigration department to process most complete applications in the past 12 months. However, the IRCC can delay or even return the application in case it is not complete.

Fees for Family-Sponsored Visa (Spouse/Partner/Children)

Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their Spouse, partner or Children to get permanent residency in Australia. Find below the fees applicable to family-sponsored visas, i.e. Children, Spouse or Partner visa.

Fees $CAN
Sponsor your spouse or partner 1,050
Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($500)
Sponsor your spouse or partner without right of permanent residence fee 550
Sponsorship fee ($75) and principal applicant processing fee ($475)
Sponsor a dependent child 150(per child)
Sponsorship fee ($75) and processing fee ($75)
Include any dependent child 150(per child)
Include any dependent child on an application with your spouse or partner
Processing fee ($150)


Biometrics fees $CAN
Biometrics (per person) $85
Biometrics (per family) (2 or more people) $170
Maximum fee for a family of 2 or more people applying at the same time and place

Note:The visa fees given above is subject to change and revision periodically. Hence, to get any clarification regarding the fees or to confirm the latest status of the same, you may contact Visas Avenue, an immigration expert.)

Apply for Family-Sponsored Visa in Canada this year- Contact Visas Avenue for assistance

f you wish to apply for a family-sponsored visa, i.e. Spouse visa, dependent child visa, the parent or grandparent visa, etc. in Canada, this year, you may contact Visas Avenue for complete documentation.

You may call Visas Avenue immigration expert on Toll-Free Number- 78-18-000-777. Alternatively, you can fill the Free Assessment form to get a call back from the expert.

What Our
Customers Say?

Visas Avenue is one of the rare business organizations, which rely heavily on word-of-mouth publicity from clients. Our clients are our primary advertisers. It is also evident from a significant number of positive client reviews and feedback we receive every day

Get in Touch

Just Drop us a line. We will be glad to answer your enquiries

Please enter Name
Please enter Email
Please enter Contact No.
Please Select Country
Please Select Country