Free Assesment Form

Treaty Trader (E-1) and Treaty Investor (E-2) Visa

Disclaimer – Visas Avenue does not provide any guidance or assistance on USA employment/work visa. This page is only for information purpose. Visa Avenue provide documentation assistance related to the different government program

Treaty Trader (E-1) and Treaty Investor (E-2) visas are for citizens of countries with which the United States maintains treaties of commerce and navigation in international banking, insurance, transportation, tourism, communications etc.

You can apply for E1 and E2 visa if you:-

  1.  Are engaged in trade of services or technology between the United States and the treaty country.
  2. Develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which you have invested a substantial amount of capital

To be eligible to apply for E1 following criteria must be met:-

  1. Applicant must be citizen of the country with which USA has treaty with.
  2. Applicant must be representing the trading firm which has the nationality of the treaty country i.e. Must own at least 50 percent of the enterprise.
  3. There should be continuing and sizeable unit of trade.
  4. More than 50% of the international trade should be between USA and treaty country.
  5. Applicant must be employed at supervisory or managerial role possessing highly specialized skills essential to the efficient operation of the firm.

To be eligible to apply for E2 following criteria must be met:-

  1. The investor, either a person, partnership or corporate entity, must have the citizenship of a treaty country
  2. In a business at least 50 % of the business should be owned by the persons with the treaty country’s nationality.
  3. The investment must be sufficient to ensure the successful operation of the enterprise.
  4. The investment must be a real operating enterprise, an active commercial or entrepreneurial undertaking.
  5. The income generated should be much more than required for the normal living of your family and contribute towards the US economy.
  6. Applicant must have control of funds. Loans taken with the assets of the investment enterprise are not allowed.

Visa fee:-

  • E – Treaty Trader/Investor, Australian Professional Specialty category visa: $270.00

Your spouse and unmarried children under age 21 may apply for E visas to accompany or join you to reside temporarily.


Free Assessment Visa Assessment Form

    Please fill in the fields below .

  • SEND