A New Registration System - SIRS is Launched to Apply in BCPNP for Canada Immigration
In continuation to the series of new procedures and programs of Canadian Immigration commencing in the year 2016, the British Columbia province of Canada has launched a latest and special point based registration system for making application to its BCPNP (British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program) for immigration to Canada.
SIRS (Skills Immigration Registration System)
The new system, i.e. SIRS (Skills Immigration Registration System) is designed to select the new immigrants in BC via various BCPNP categories and to fast-track the immigration of these selected newcomers in the province through BCPNP.
Key features of SIRS
What is the significance of SIRS?
- It is applicable with immediate effect
- The SIRS is associated with labour market and development priorities of the province of British Columbia
- SIRS will count the factors, which are not generally being counted in other point based programs, i.e. the wage rate, skill level, location of the job offer, etc.
- SIRS assures an ITA to the candidates, who are able to achieve qualifying marks as per the system
- SIRS prefers the applicants with the job offer from a B.C. employer;
- It will be used for sections of the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry streams;
- The functioning of SIRS is based on an ITA (Invitation to Apply) and EOI (Expression of Interest) pattern of immigrants selections
- SIRS shall benefit the candidates with earlier work experience in Canada
The significance of SIRS can be valued from the statement of Shirley Bond- the Minister of Jobs, Tourism, and Skills Training and Minister responsible for Labour. Talking about the need of a new system, he said, “We need to bring high-demand skilled workers and investment-ready entrepreneurs to B.C. to continue to grow our diverse economy.” He further added, “We’ve heard from the businesses that are helping drive our economy to be the best in Canada. They tell us that having immigration programs be timely and efficient to bring the right people into B.C. is what they need to keep their businesses growing.”
Underlining the core utility of a new SIRS system, he described, “And for those skilled immigrants applying to the BC PNP, they need a transparent system that’s easy to understand and gets them working in B.C. as soon as possible. Our government believes the targeted changes we’ve made to the BC PNP will keep our economy moving forward.”
Process of SIRS is as follows:
The categories covered by SIRS
- Based on the EOI system in practice across Canadian immigration settings, the latest SIRS system provides the applicants a certain score based on their profile details provided during registration, which ultimately determines their eligibility to receive an ITA (invited to apply)
- On successful registration on SIRS, a candidate gets the registration score and subsequently enters in the selection under the category he/she has registered its profile.
- A candidate can register for single category only
- The SIRS registration is free; however, it remains valid in the selection pool for 1 year (12 months) only from the date of registration.
- The BCPNP sends invitation to apply for nomination, to those registered candidates, who have got the highest score, from each category.
The SIRS registration is essential for certain categories of BCPNP, especially the ones included under the Express Entry System of British Columbia. The skill immigration stream of BCPNP is also registered under SIRS.
The applicants under below categories are analyzed and preferred under SIRS:
The categories don’t need to register under SIRS
- Express Entry B.C. – Skilled Worker
- Express Entry B.C. – International Graduate
- Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker
- Skills Immigration – International Graduate
- Skills Immigration – Northeast Pilot Project
- Skills Immigration – Entry Level and Semi-Skilled
Candidates falling under any of the below categories not required to register on SIRS and can directly apply to BCPNP:
How to find out SIRS Score?
- Express Entry B.C. – Health Care Professional
- Express Entry B.C. – International Postgraduate
- Skills Immigration – Health Care Professional
- Skills Immigration – International Postgraduate
Note: To find out your possible SIRS score or to determine whether you are eligible to apply and capable to get selected under BCNP Invitation to apply (ITA), you may click on the free assessment form link given below.
SIRS that Guarantees an ITA
- A total of 120 points are dedicated to economic factors and remaining 80 will be allocated for the core human capital factors, out of total 200 points, obtainable.
- The SIRS also awards the bonus points to candidates (within total 200 points) for the variety of factors with regard to education history, job offer, and earlier work experience of the candidate
The candidates who are able to achieve the following score in their individual category shall become eligible to receive an ITA (invitation to apply).
Note: Although, the above points threshold for individual category guarantees the ITA, however, the candidates below the above mentioned scores, can also be selected for an ITA
What makes SIRS stand apart from other point based systems?
||A Score that Guarantees ITA
|Express Entry-BC- Skilled Worker
|Express Entry-BC- International Graduate
|Skills Immigration- Skilled Worker
|Skills Immigration- International Graduate
|Skills Immigration- Northeast Pilot Project
|Skills Immigration- Entry Level & Semi Skilled
The SIRS score provides the candidates a target score to achieve, in order to get an ITA. Whereas, in the other point based systems, such as, Express Entry System, the applicants often remain confused, as to what score can ensure ITA for them.
How to get key assistance to Apply in BCPNP via SIRS system?
Although, the SIRS system is designed to make the immigration to British Columbia, Canada relatively simpler and faster for the newcomers, however, it has certain complexities in terms of point’s allocation, and other selection factors. Hence, it is advisable to get the key support and assistance from a reliable Canadian Immigration Consultancy Service, for applying in BCPNP via SIRS system and ensure the success thereon.
Assistance from a reliable Visa Consultancy Services can prove immensely vital in understanding the complex immigration procedure and also to know about the post landing services, i.e. Federal benefits & Services, housing and accommodation, job opportunities, community services, etc.
For instance, Visas Avenue is one of the leading Immigration Consultancy Services in India
that has been guiding and assisting thousands of Immigration Applicants regarding immigration to hotspot immigration countries, i.e. Canada, Australia, USA, UK, New Zealand, South Africa, Germany, Hong Kong, etc.
for the last few years.
You may contact the Immigration Expert at Visas Avenue or can fill the free assessment form
available on its website to get the vital help and assistance regarding applying in the BCPNP via SIRS, under the suitable category and subsequently getting the nomination well within time.